10 May 2014

Lagniappe: I'm Back!

Well, kinda.

Hi all! Do you all remember me? Sorry for the long lapse in posting, but I do have a very, very good reason, namely, that over the last month I quit my job of three years, packed up my stuff and moved 1000 miles away from DC back to central Florida to go back to college at the University of Florida. April was filled with case finalisations at work, endless packing, pantry clean-outs, and many many going away parties--the last of which was epically thrown by my incredible friends and fellow Chivers that wound up raising $1000 for a charity very near and dear to my heart, the Hanne Howard Fund.

Yes, that's me, front and center. With the crown. Don't act like you're in any way surprised.

Being back in Florida and starting this new chapter of my life is a good thing, but I'm not sure yet what that means for this blog. My Dad is a very active, athletic individual who tries to eat very clean and lean, so de facto when I'm with him I'm somewhat restricted in what I can cook. We eat a lot of salads. Like, A LOT. So I think you can expect more "healthy eating" entries here, though I promise I won't be doing salads 24/7 because even I get bored of that pretty easily.

Another caveat is that I'm a college student now, so, there's that money thing...in that I DON'T HAVE IT. I'm being forced to trim my grocery budget to about half of what it used to be (*sob*) so I'm challenging myself to be more creative with less. No more short ribs at $14 a pound for awhile. I'm also cooking out of a tiny student kitchen I share with two other roommates with limited supplies which is even more entertainingly challenging.

If you think the cocktailing is going anywhere though, you're mad. I may be a college student (and yes, I've already enjoyed wine out of a box--DON'T HATE) but that doesn't mean I'm resigning myself to guzzling bathtub gin jungle juice only!

I have a few entries in draft that I'll work on getting up soon as I work on getting settled and established in this new life. Until then, eat and drink well my friends.

1 comment:

  1. You’re going back to college? Good for you! I’m sure, despite having some trouble with your routine, you are very excited about it. So, what’s up? I’m eager to know what course you took! Cheers!

    Deborah Williams @ Choice Career College

    ReplyDelete